Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Healthy ideas

I'm no doctor, so all the health stuff I write is just my own ideas, or derived from stuff I read or heard. I wouldn't advise taking any of the things I write too seriously. It's just ideas for thought.

If a doctor reads any of my ideas, perhaps you can comment on what is hogwash and what might have some scientific evidence to substantiate it.

But let's at least think about, what is healthy? and what is not?

In fact that's one of my ideas about diet. It seems that most of them work for a bit, at least. Some of the ideas I've heard for dieting are opposites of others, yet they are often stated as working, but those who try them.

I lose weight if I eat a vegan diet, but doesn't the Atkins diet say to eat high protein, which often means meat. Both of these diets work for different people. So it could be just that different people respond to different diets. Or what if just paying attention to what we eat has us so careful about what we eat that we eat better and less? Smaller quantity, and less sugar? It could be?

1 comment:

  1. About the only diet suggestions that work for nearly everybody are "balance" and "pay attention to what your body tells you." If you're trying to correct something, other people's corrections may not correct your particular deficiencies or excesses. One of my herbalists was once prescribed a big juicy steak--which, at the time, was precisely what she needed. However, she was definitely not prescribed a big juicy steak DAILY. (See "balance.")

    ReplyDelete